Adderbury's Village Hall | Adderbury's Community Centre



 

 
COMMITTEE & TRUSTEES

Shortly after the Institute was built its welfare was placed into the hands of a group of Trustees.   The first trustees appointed on 26 January 1898 were:
  • Henry John Gepp (Vicar of St Mary's Church) - ex officio (ie. appointed by virtue of his office and status).
  • James Walker Larnach (owner of Adderbury House) - appointed by the owner or owners of Adderbury House.
  • Hugh William Stilgoe (who's descendent currently own Adderbury Grounds Farm) - appointed by Adderbury East Parish Council.
  • Samuel Choyce (village carpenter) - appointed by Adderbury West Parish Council.
  • James Smith (no occupation) - appointed by the Church Wardens.

You can learn more about the history of Adderbury Institute here.

The deed states that if any of these persons ceases to be a trustee a new trustee shall be appointed in writing by the body/person as indicated above.   Any change to the deed rules must be approved by four out of the five Trustees.

Currently the following people take on the role of Trustees and custodians of Adderbury Institute.

Rev Stephen Fletcher Vicar of Adderbury
David Griffiths Parish Councillor
Ann Lyons Parish Councillor
Noel Towe appointed by the Church Wardens
vacant appointed by the owner of Adderbury House

The on-going management of Adderbury Institute is in the hands of a Management Committee.   The Management Committee for 2018-19 is made up as follows:

Andy Green Chairman andy@adderburyinstitute.com
Sandra Larner Treasurer sandra.larner@adderburyinstitute.com
Lucy Roberts Secretary lucy@adderburyinstitute.com
Anne Davis    
Ann Lyons    

The Management Committee are supported through the services of a Hall Manager.   This role is held by Lucy Roberts - lucy@adderburyinstitute.com.

Adderbury Parish Institute is a registered charity: number 277716

Home :: Bookings :: Pay :: Diary :: About Us :: Committee & Trustees :: Contact Us :: Users :: News :: Kitchen :: Privacy